Weather Info

Click for Goldendale, Washington Forecast

Saturday, November 15, 2008

Julianne's Quilt




I made this one for Julianne's eighth-grade graduation. I got the bright (?) idea to make her a quilt about two weeks prior to the day we had to leave. She wanted just a lap cozy quilt, as she lives where it doesn't get to ZERO in the winter. Lucky her. As you can see it's a pinwheel quilt, with free pinwheels. She had chosen the backing fabric on a trip she made with me to the fabric shop. So I pulled colors from that VERY colorful backing for the top. It was a very fun quilt to make. I put the daisy motifs in the centers as that little do-hickey thing-y that holds the pinwheel together. Read that as, to hide where the wheels didn't quite match. Also, Daisy is my Mini Doxie's name and she just ADORES Julianne. Not reciprocated though, Julianne prefers the Border Collie, Ringo. We hid some bills, dollars not phone bills, in the little pockets created by the wheels. Although giving her the phone bills would have been nice! Just kidding!






I loved pinwheels as a child, and was very excited when someone actually bought me one. So this quilt brought back many fond memories for Grandma. Unfortunately, I didn't get a picture of the entire quilt before I gave it to her. I'm trying to do better at photographing my projects!

1 comment:

  1. Hello,

    I like the colors of the pinwheel quilt, wonderful.

    Marion from Germany

    ReplyDelete