Weather Info

Click for Goldendale, Washington Forecast

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

White Christmas? Maybe

It's snowing!  Not very much, just enough to make the ground white so far but I'm sure all the kids are excited!

Here's what I've finished today.  I'm making progress!




You can't tell from the photo but there are tiny little pom-poms, glitter, and sequins on the snowmen. These little postcards go to the grands in Texas.

The tea towel apron started out as one of those quick in-an-afternoon projects.  Well, it turned into a PROJECT! I really wanted to use that yellow ric-rac but I was 5" short. Bummer. I "borrowed" just enough from another project but then there was a seam where it joined so I made the yo-yo flowers to cover it up. It called for ribbon ties but every day I've had in mind to go to town something else has come up so I used some other  coordinating fabric to make the ties.  FINALLY, it's done!

I've been having so much fun making postcards that I did the two with the reindeer from two orphan blocks I had and two little Daisy Kingdom reindeer that I've had "forever." I think they were in the scrap part of some Daisy Kingdom thing I did for my younger daughter when she was young. (She just turned 31, so you know how old those reindeer are!)

I have one more postcard in mind to make for my sister (by choice, not blood). She has really been there for me even though we live about 60 miles apart at this time. So I'm going to try and make her a paper pieced yellow rose. We'll see how it comes out.

A friend came over and checked out the "cool-air" furnace.  It put out heat just fine when he was here.  Yesterday, back to cool air.  He's coming back tomorrow.  Everything checks out just fine when he puts his meter on it.  Sigh.  Thank you God for my pellet stove!  I had to clean out the stove pipe today because it just wasn't burning right.  No wonder. It was VERY clogged!  It helps to do maintenance once in awhile LOL It has a cap on the bottom that you take off to get the soot out but I couldn't get it loose so I had to have a neighbor stop by and take it off for me.  Messy job! My stove is burning so nicely now though!  I have a new favorite brand of pellets. They are Hot Shot. They burn so much cleaner and completely than the ones I used previously.  AND, they are $50 less per ton. That's one of the few times I prefer something that's less expensive!

Today I'm thankful for:

"Sisters"

Pellet Stoves

Have an absolutely awesome day!

No comments:

Post a Comment