Weather Info

Click for Goldendale, Washington Forecast

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Winter Is Here!

We've survived this first major storm of Winter.  My heart goes out to the families of those who didn't.  I won't repeat the details but there have been at least two tragic incidents that I know of.  Very heart-breaking.





It was beautiful!  For a day or two. Since this snowfall we have had freezing rain so all this beautiful snow has turned to solid ice.  It has melted some but my car is still stuck in the snow.  I was without power on two different occasions for a few hours.  I feel fortunate because there are STILL many people, even here in our county, that are without power.

On another note:  Scroll down and take a look at the CUTE, quilt-a-long I found.  And, of course, notice that there are LADYBUGS crawling around on it.  It's from 2010 but the instructions are still up.  Now to see what I can find for polka dots!

I blogged the other day about getting the cardboards from WalMart, well, that started something.




I have added more bolts since I took this photo and THERE'S STILL MORE. I had no idea I had so much fabric because it was all in little totes stuffed here and there.  Now I need to make some curtains to protect it from the light and dust. (which is VERY plentiful here once the snow melts LOL)

Now I'm off to get some mug rugs made for a friend.  I need to give them to her when I see her tomorrow as she lives about 60 miles away. I'll see her if my car gets dug out of the snowy looking ice, that is!

Have an awesome day and I hope you are surviving whatever is being thrown at you, weather-wise.

Today I'm thankful that I have power and the temps are warming enough that during the day this STUFF is melting.

No comments:

Post a Comment