Weather Info

Click for Goldendale, Washington Forecast

Friday, September 11, 2009

Sunny Day and Cool Tip

It's promising to be a sunny day...and warmer also! (I really need to live in the South Seas somewhere!)

I just read an email with the neatest trick, not quilt related but still awesome if it really works. It said to fill a sandwich baggie half full of water, add four pennies, and hang it up where flies are a problem. They won't hang around. If it works that's a pretty cheap fix, and no toxic things messing with the environment.

I'm making a quilt block for a list buddy that's been ill. At this point I don't want to say anything more publicly but the name of the block is Contrary Wife. Hubby probably would say I should have an entire quilt of THAT block!!

Oh, here's a pic of the little pincushion I made. I had some issues with the pattern pieces not being quite right but did the necessary adjustments.



My sister-in-law that owns a quilt shop was telling me how the fabric companies are going back to the 70s prints and colors. After looking at the fabrics I chose for the pincushion I would have to agree.

Just WHY isn't sewing taught in high school any longer? Now dear daughter has me making a cover for her coffee table to protect it from her two young children. I tried to tell her that when you have kids, that's ALL you have. You can have nicer furniture after they leave home.

We had another bad experience at the local big-chain fabric store. We needed 1.5 yards of fabric and it was supposed to be 30% off. I even asked at the cutting table to make certain that particular fabric was included. Yes, it was. We get to the register and were charged regular price. I complained so the lady checked and made the adjustment for us. Fine. I bring the fabric home, and when I'm ready to sew it up, oops, there's only 48" not 54". So I have to wait until my next trip to that town, take it back, ask them to remeasure it, sure enough, even their yardstick said 48". So they cut me another piece. Don't they realize that in the long run they are only hurting themselves? They have always made things right but it's the aggravation factor for me and the fact it means ANOTHER trip to the fabric store. I don't life close enough that I can just jump in the car and buzz down there. I plan my trips to coincide with the days I work.

That Contrary Wife is being just that! I re-did two of the half square triangles because they were crooked. Second time around? They are supposed to be 4 1/2". One was only 4". So I've given up for today. She wants to be that way, she can just sit in the corner for a day or two. You know, time out!

I did this silly thing on Facebook this morning. I'm not going to die until I'm 87, and that will be by mauling from a cougar. There are cougars around here so that could be a possibility! Can't you just see me tottering down the road for my morning walk and get ambushed by a cougar!

I got a little sample can of Beher's new Primer Plus Paint. Wow, that goes a long way. And it does a really nice cover also. I'm painting light blue over lavender. That little 1 cup sample can probably has done a fourth of the kitchen. The easy places where I don't have to remove very much stuff !!

Thankfulness's

It's FRIDAY !!!

It's warmer today than yesterday

No cougars out today LOL

Ya'll have a great weekend! Enjoy the last days of summer weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment