Weather Info

Click for Goldendale, Washington Forecast

Saturday, September 5, 2009

Summer Is Over

Can we paraphrase that oldie, "Where Have All The Flowers Gone?" to Where Has All My Summer Gone? It is extremely chilly here tonight. OK, so extremely is a tad of an exaggeration, but you get the idea. Even my little Daisy is complaining of it being too cold.



I took this picture late this afternoon just up the road from our place. It doesn't really do justice to the contrast of the stormy clouds and the stark white of the wind turbines. Maybe someday I'll make a wallhanging of the way it REALLY appeared. If you look REALLY hard you can see the little town we live near. The light spot in the midst of the further trees is the grain elevator about 8 miles away.

I'm in the process of making a little Dresden Plate pincushion. I'm using mainly chocolate and blue. I really like that color combination. i should have it done in the morning. I'll post a pic when it's ready.

Daisy is insistently telling me SHE thinks we should go to bed. Silly dog! So in order to quite her down I will do her bidding! Now the young cyotes are out learning to howl at the full moon. Wish they'd go somewhere else! Maybe they like listening to Daisy bark at them!


Saturday Somethings

Why must summer end with such a vengance?

I'm thankful for good friends.
I'm thankful for warm weather, while it lasts.
I'm thankful for family.
I'm thankful for my computer and the internet.
I'm thankful for a furnace!

Have a great weekend!!

1 comment:

  1. We have several rows of the turbines in our area too. They're neat to look at but are sure noisy.

    ReplyDelete