Weather Info

Click for Goldendale, Washington Forecast

Sunday, August 15, 2010

An OLD Photo and a Trip Down Memory Lane

While rearranging some photo albums I came across this one of my Father's family taken in 1927. It was their Christmas card that year. Since all but one of those pictured are passed away I thought it would be ok to share it.

My Father is 7 years old in this photo. One of the very few childhood pictures of him. The 24th of August would have been his birthday. I love black/white photography. Can any of you remember when you could get either black/white or color film for you camera? Or even "before color"? This generation can't even remember when cameras had FILM, I'm sure!

My 15 yr old granddaughter has been visiting me the past week. She lives in California so we don't get to see her as often as we'd like. Even though we are so much alike (Neither of us is very conversational!) I've really enjoyed having her here.

Last Saturday we took a little ride up to Mt Adams. We intended to park and hike in to one of our favorite spots after a picnic lunch. The road was unbelievably awful! It took us twice as long to get there as it used to. So we just ate our picnic and headed home. The mosquitoes were very healthy and active anyway! OFF to the rescue!

Sunday Simmerings

I'm LOVIN' this warm weather we've been having.

I almost have a little Annie doll from OhSewDollin done.

At 83 my Mother is off on another jaunt to Europe for a month.

Our old kitty (16 at least) is showing his age and probably won't be with us much longer.

I love, love, love my Janome 6600. It's the greatest!

Have A Great Week Everyone !!

No comments:

Post a Comment