Weather Info

Click for Goldendale, Washington Forecast

Sunday, January 24, 2010

Grey Day, Good Day for Sewing Projects






Friday night I joined in my first ever quilt-in.  It was a blast!  We tried to stay up all night but I faded about 11:30 so I'm not sure how long others were up. We could quilt, sew, crochet, embroider or knit. And talk about anything as long as we were nice! Think of a bunch of teenage girls having a slumber party only I think most of us were grandmas, and it was on the internet.

It was nice and sunny the other day, wanting to get some fresh air I went exploring in my stuff in the old house.  Here are some of the treasures I found.


This is part of a set of corning Petite Pans I received as a graduation present in (shall I admit?) 1965!





These were my mother-in-law's. They are a little rusty in places. I wouldn't put food in them but for other storage they are fine, and give a retro-country look to my kitchen.



Little saucers I've collected over the years.


One of my sister-in-laws gave me a set of these bowls in the late 1960s. This is the only one left of a set of three.






Can any of you remember S&H Green Stamps? I saved my stamps and bought this set of mixing bowls in the late 1960s.  Again, the only one left.

And how about these treasures?

This was my mother-in-law's also.  None of her nine kids wanted it, so I got it.And
And three worse for the wear sad irons, and NO I did not use these! They are in serious need of a good cleaning.




To make this at least a little quilting related, this is what I did for the sew-in. It just needs some quilting and the binding put on.  It's a lonely little ladybug looking for love.
When I was over on the treasure hunt I came across that ladybug applique that I had made and never used. I thought she'd look great posing as a flower bud.

So that's the short version of what I've been up to lately. Well, that and my war on THE MOUSE.

I've had a continual war with this mouse all winter.  It happens when you live in the country.  They want to share the warmth.

I dislike finding mouse track all over in the kitchen cupboards, drawers, and even on the counters, so I decided to catch that nasty little creature.So I put out these new improved whilte mouse traps. No mouse. Someone suggested glue traps. I caught the ones stealing dog food but not THE MOUSE. In looking for something on the shelf above my computer I saw where an old cassette tape had been pulled out and even chewed into short pieces. I cleaned up that mess and decided things needed to be in plastic storage containers.  In the process of doing that I moved the basket of my stuffed Easter bunnies and something fell out. THE MOUSE. The basket liner had been peed on so the bunnies smelled. (I hung them out on the clothesline for several days and got the smell out.) I even considered a mouse sized live trap but couldn't locate one close by. I won't use De-Con type products because of my bitty dog. Also I lost a very smart puppy due to her eating rat poison. It was a terrible way to die.  One I don't even wish on a rodent.

I think I caught THE MOUSE Friday. Take some deep breaths so you don't hyperventilate when I tell you just how!  In the washing machine!!  It must have been hiding in the dirty clothes and trapped in something.  I'm so glad I didn't touch it! I got a wad of paper towels and got it out of the washer and rewashed that batch of clothes. YUK!!  So, if all else fails, try washing your mouse !!!

PS to that story?  I'm getting a cat this summer.

HAVE AN AWESOME DAY !!

Today I'm Thankful That

There's no flooding here, or earthquakes, or tornados.  It would be nice to get more rain however.

Friends care

To whoever it was that invented the Internet

We can have a "laxy" day once in awhile

My house didn't catch on fire the other night





No comments:

Post a Comment