Weather Info

Click for Goldendale, Washington Forecast

Friday, December 18, 2009

Seven Days! Are you Ready?

Sorry, I haven't done anything noteworthy to photograph this week.

It hardly seems possible that it's only seven days until Christmas! If the rest of our winter is no worse than it has been, I just might survive LOL.

I came across the cutest little fabric trees while crusing around in blogland.  Cruise over to http://www.thesmallobject.com/  and check them out.

I thought I was nearing the end of the Christmas sewing.  Are Grandma's ever at the end? Of sewing, that is! Dear son called and let me know that his little girl would like an activity book made by Grammie for Christmas.  I told him I couldn't get one done and sent to her before Christmas but it will be my next project. One of these days Grammie will get to sew for herself, right?  Don't count on it !!

Our beautiful Mt. Hood has claimed three more lives, the oldest only 29. So sad. If people would just take the locator beacons with them these tragedies wouldn't happen. Not being a climber I don't understand why the need for climbing in the winter.

Sunday I will have a photo of the Stairway To Cat Heaven to show you.  It just needs the binding finished.  Because I'm actually going to get it done in time does that mean I get a shopping trip to an online quilt shop? Or a new attachment for my Janome?

If you would like some absolutely can't-eat-just-one cookies that are really easy to make, take few ingredients, no baking involved, then let your fingers take you over to Gudrun's World and find her recipe for Icelandic Coconut Balls. They are so scrumptious. She posted the recipe during her 12 Days of Christmas Blog Hop.



Things I'm Most Thankful For

My three children and six grandchildren. They may not realize it but they are my mainstay.

Running water

Electricity

A dependable vehicle

And, most importantly, GOD. He is the One that keeps the world spinning, not President Obama, Al Gore, or Rush Limbaugh. Let's all take some time and thank Him for the blessings He grants us each day.

No comments:

Post a Comment