Weather Info

Click for Goldendale, Washington Forecast

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Gratitude

Just a short post today to express my gratitude and share a short little movie with you. Please watch this movie. It is excellent!
http://www.flixxy.com/simple-gratitude.htm

I have an unspoken gratitude today. It's very personal so I won't share it here.

My dog wanted out a bit ago so I stood watching the night sky while waiting for her. How very beautiful!  There was the huge constellation, Orion, dominating the southern sky and thousands and thousands of lesser stars and other constellations.  It is so peaceful and quiet at night in the country and the darkness covers everything that is less than joyful to gaze upon.

Yesterday I finished two little fabric postcards for a swap I'm in. I thought I'd share them with you. Nothing fantastic but these are my first attempt at making postcards so I do have a certain sense of maternal pride in them.

This one is a representation of Mt Hood Or and the Columbia River. It doesn't show well in the photo but I added glitter on the snow and I plan to put just a touch on the water also.


This one is a winsurfer on the Columbia. There is more glitter on the water than shows in the photo.

I see now why people get so addicted to making postcards. They are FUN and use up those scraps I'm too stingy to toss! You can be sure I'll be making more!

Be grateful for the simple things in life that we all tend to take for granted and have an AWESOME day.

No comments:

Post a Comment