I came across this while straightening up all the accumulated paper on my fridge and thought I'd share it with you.
1. Pay as much attention to the things that are working positively in your life as you do to those that are giving you trouble.
2. Rake a big pile of leaves every fall and jump in it with someone you love. (Remember doing this when you were a kid?!)
3. Memorize your favorite love poem.
4. Learn three knock-knock jokes so you will always be ready to entertain children.
5. Don't let weeds grow around your dreams.
6. Remember that everyone you leet is afraid of something, loves something, and has lost something.
7. Regardless of the situation, react with class.
8. Let some things remain mysterious.
Isn't this list just amazing? And such words of wisdom to live by.
My oldest daughter gave me a book called "The Four Agreements." The principles of the book are:
1. Be impeccable with your word. (can you imagine what a better place this world would be if everyone practiced just this one?)
2. Don't take anything personally. (a difficult one.)
3. Don't make assumptions. (don't we all tend to do this one?)
4. Always do your best. (notice it doesn't say, 'Be perfect." It says do your best. As long as we do our best we have nothing to be ashamed of.)
OK philosophy class is over! On to sewing.
I won a contest from patsloan.com the other day. My prize came today. A charm pack, two of her quilt patterns, sample spools of Aurifil thread, and the cutest little jar of buttons. Now how did she ever know I collect buttons? Just any old buttons, they don't have to meet any criteria other than being a button.
Since starting this I also won a prize from Sandi at Seasons BOM. I got an embroidery pattern and some floss. Awesome! The ladies in one groups I belong to thought I should buy some lottery tickets LOL
You all have a wonderful Labor Day Weekend and most of all, Be Safe!