Weather Info

Click for Goldendale, Washington Forecast

Sunday, July 18, 2010

Grass, and more Grass

Not much happening on the farm except the grass is growing faster than I can keep it cut. There hasn't been much time for sewing as I have developed an obsession to get all the grass cut that's around the house. Our area experiences grave fire danger so I'm trying to get it cut before it's too dry. Hopefully it will stop growing at that point.

I will be fitting the chair cover on for a "final fitting" tomorrow. I'm getting to the point of wanting to be done with it. I want to do something more fun! Like getting back to quilting! Or Annie dolls, or...anything.

Since I haven't been doing much at my sewing machine I don't have any photos to share...unless you would like to see "grass that's as high as an elephant's eye" really is. Can anyone tell me what song that line is from?

I was totally lazy today. I just couldn't make myself go out and start the weed eater or lawnmower. So I didn't. What a luxurious feeling! Totally decadent! I could get used to it very easily.

A friend is blogging how many miles she walks each week so i thought I'd start too. Nothing today, I'm afraid. She's aiming for 18 miles each week. I think I'll start with 1 mile each day, or maybe a little more, but I know it won't be 18!! We'll see.

Sunday Thanks

That I live where it's peaceful
For the birds that share my part of the world
For a/c
For my soft cozy bed when night falls
For long summer days

Have an Awesome week everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment