Weather Info

Click for Goldendale, Washington Forecast

Saturday, May 8, 2010

Where'd April Go? And other thoughts.

Did I miss April?  Must have, it still feels like March.

I finally got my round table topper all finished and on the table! YAY!! Now I'm finishing 4 coordinating placemats.I'm making bias binding right now.. I have a square of fabric cut and I'm going to try the continuous bias method. Well, I will if I can find the notebook that I wrote the instructions in. That's what happens when I tidy up my desk...I can't find a thing !! I found a good video tutorial at Erin Compton Designs blog if you are interested.

Here's a photo of the entire topper.




Oh, I get so tired of this! I keep telling it to left justify and it insists upon center justification. GRRR!!

The placemats have some of the same fabrics in them. When i get one finished I'll post a photo. I'm rather excited about getting to finish something for ME for a change.

I got brave one day and cut into that scary project. The recliner cover. I've even taken it over and put it on the chair so I could see how much needs to be removed. Now she wants elastic all around the bottom to keep the cat from going up under it to scratch. And a separate cover, all elasticized for the foot rest. Remind me, if I have another set of children in a future life, to teach them to sew LOL

I have a smallish bedroom so an entire bed frame is out of the question but I bought a headboard at an estate sale yesterday. It needs some repair work but I'm going to sand it down and paint it white. I've developed quite a liking for white painted furniture lately. I've also thought of doing my entire house blue and white with other accent colors but since my HUGE couch that takes up most of the living room is dark turquoise that probably won't work! I AM getting rid of those hideous green cupboards that you catch a glimpse of the the above photo. They are changing to white. I lived through those colors once, not doing it again!

Finally. I got the formatting to change to left justify.

Happy Mother's Day to all the mothers out there! If it's nice I'm going to give my sewing machine a rest and go do yard work. There are so many weeds that are begging to be pulled and grass that needs mowing. I'm not sure how many flower pots I'm planting this year. It gets to be such a chore keeping them all watered and fertilized. We'll see. I love color in my yard, so...

Things I'm thankful for:

My almost blooming lilac bush
That the wind has died down. I was SO tired of the 'breezes'
For the peace and quiet of country living
That I don't have to put up with some people on a 24/7 basis
That I'm really not as old as I feel sometimes LOL
That it's finally warming up, some. I had to scrape ice from my windshield yesterday morning !!

Ta-ta 'till next time!


1 comment:

  1. wow that topper is some work well done,cheers Vickie

    ReplyDelete