Weather Info

Click for Goldendale, Washington Forecast

Thursday, May 27, 2010

What I've Been Doing

In between rearranging and trying to declutter my home I have actually managed to sew a little. Two more pillowcases for my main little man. One is scraps of a jungle print that I'd made a shopping cart cover from and the other is very bright tropical fish. Who knows just why I bought that fabric but it's going to a good use now.



I haven't been able to mow the grass for going on three weeks. I know, if it gets much taller they're going to designate it wildlife habitat! This morning it was dry, not windy and not too cold so yippee-skippy I got the lawn mowed, most of it. I was in the process of trying to put up a couple of hose hangers and a hanger for a new wind chime when the rain came. With a vengeance!

If you would care to read a first-hand experience of a rattlesnake bite victim visit My Romantic Home . It's interesting to me since rattlers are common in this area.

I have ONE place mat all done, done, done that coordinates with the blue and yellow table topper. All I need to do to the other three is put the bias binding on. The genetics from my left-handed mother are showing through. I have several tutorials on making continuous bias, and if you think I can begin to figure them out !! When I read them it all makes perfect sense, it's when I try to do the actual sewing that I run into problems. I have my square of fabric, have cut it and sewn it into a parellogram, marked the cutting lines, but i just don't seem to be able to line up that last seam. So I'm letting it 'cook' for a bit.



This weekend I MUST do some sewing on that chair cover. I have cut it in two and fitted it on the chair to see what the next step needs to be, so I'm making progress. S-L-O-W-L-Y.

Can I share a Grammie story? Like you have a choice LOL My daughter called me on the cell phone while I was on my way home wanting to know what I'd done to Little Man. It seems he was lying on the floor crying his heart out because he wanted to go home with Grammie. is that sweet, or what?


Thursday Thankfullnesses


That God takes care of us

That I got most of my lawn mowed before the rain came

That I wasn't the one bitten by a snake

That everything is so green and beautiful after a good rain

That the birds music is so enjoyable

No comments:

Post a Comment