Back in August when I was down here my granddaughter asked me if I'd make her a Care Bear quilt. Things got put on hold when I decided to move, and then the settling in. She asked if I could PLEASE have it done by Christmas. I was just using one of those quilted panels for the center and putting border strips around that. I thought a few days...um-hmm...I have been working steadily on it, with a day off here and there. It was finished this past week! I hadn't done mitered corners for so long, I was having to re-think just how to do one.When it finally all came back to me I made a small sample and put it in my Tips & Tricks book for future reference.
Here is the finished quilt!
I thought I'd taken some photos of the beautiful sunrises we've enjoyed here but evidentialy not. I didn't find them. I'll remedy that situation!
My 1/2 Dozen Daily
has a Sunday Night Chit-Chat. These are the questions asked each week. Join the fun! In my comments post a link to your blog and let me know. I'll come visit your page and leave a comment.
What I'm doing: (what I was doing last night)
- Reading--My Bible
- Watching--nothing, my TV isn't hooked up yet
- Listening to--neighborhood dogs barking
- Baking/Cooking--does a pot of coffee count?
- Happy you accomplished this week--finished THE QUILT !!
- Looking forward to next week--getting my jeans/pants shortened so I don't walk on them
- Thankful for today--sunshine and warmth...it's 30s and snow in WA..70 here in TX
- *BONUS QUESTION* What chore around the house do you dread doing the mostIt used to be cleaning the fridge (that was my punishment as a teenager. The dislike still lingers.) I can't really think of anything other than changing the sheets. With my present situation it is very difficult. Don't ask, it's a LONG story!)Glad to be back online at last!