Weather Info

Click for Goldendale, Washington Forecast

Monday, May 6, 2013

Happy Homemaker's Monday

I actually  created a post last Monday...then the unthinkable happened...I did something and it disappeared into Cyber Neverland.  So I'll try again this week!

THE WEATHER: Right now it's a pleasant 62* with just a gentle breeze.  We are forecasted to see 75* later today! What can I say?  Other than perfect weather! 

Ok, well, I caught a ride to town so I didn't need to drive The Beast. Our perfect day has clouded over, just those high thin clouds and it's still 75*, so no complaints.

RIGHT NOW I AM: Relaxing, typing this and trying to decide what to have for a late lunch.

THINKING: Am I EVER going to get even close to my sewing machine today?

ON MY READING PILE: "Desire of Ages", a wonderful book about the life of Christ.

ON MY TV:  "What Not To Wear", among my favorite daytime shows.

WHAT I FOUND WHILE SURFING THE NET:  Embellished Ribbon Bookmarks at another of my favorite sites, Sew4Home.  These are SO gorgeous!

ON THE MENU FOR THIS WEEK: To tell you the absolute truth, I don't have a menu made for this week.  But I do know that I'm having Haystacks, Plate Tacos or whatever you call them.

ON MY TO-DO LIST:
         SEW
         Sew
         sew
         And wash the container I bought
         And tidy things up a bit

IN THE CRAFT BASKET: Another dish towel apron--this one is pink/turquoize
                                              Making scrap paper pieced quilt blocks to use up my humongous
                                               scrap stash

LOOKING FORWARD TO THIS WEEK:  WARM weather!!!

LOOKING AROUND THE HOUSE: Things that need to be taken care of

FROM THE CAMERA:  Camera?  I own a camera? Obviously nothing this week, sorry.

ON MY PRAYER LIST: My friend Ruby, other friends who are facing some health issues, for my grandson.

BIBLE VERSE: I have a small page-a-day book with Bible verses and other wise sayings.  I opened it this morning to this verse:
        "Give, and it will be given to you.
   A good measure, pressed down, shaken
together and running over, will be poured
into your lap. For with the measure you use,
          it will be measured to you."

                                                 --Luke 6:38 NIV

Also  this little quotation by Sir John Lubbock:

                                      Rest is not idleness,
 and to lie sometimes on the grass under trees on a summer's day,
            listening to the murmur of the water,
              or watching the clouds float across the sky, 
                         is by no means a waste of time.

Wishing each of you a blessed, happy day!

                                      

                                         Grandma Shell
                                               













No comments:

Post a Comment