Weather Info

Click for Goldendale, Washington Forecast

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Happy Homemaker Monday (on Tuesday!)




ON MY READING PILE: My Bible and other devotional books, also The Wander Year by Mike McIntyre

ON MY TV: HLN, one of my favorite channels

SOMETHING FUN TO SHARE: Watching the grandchildren hunting Easter eggs yesterday was hilarious! Unfortunately, I hadn't shut my camera off before I put it away so no pictures. Can you say sad, sad Grammie?

ON THE MENU FOR THIS WEEK: Monday - Butternut Curry
                                                                 Tuesday - Black Bean Burrito
                                                                  Wednesday - Lentil Stew
                                                                  Thursday -  Frozen Fruit Smoothie
                                                                   Friday - Fridge's Choice!
 

ON MY TO-DO LIST: Well, I WAS going to fill more pots with flowers but since it's only 35*F...I think I will wait! I'm thinking a nice warm loaf of fresh bread is in order for this chilly weather. And I MUST get the taxes finished TODAY!

WHAT I AM SEWING,CROCHETING, CRAFTING: A new apron and a finish on the sewing machine cover I started before the big move.

HOMEMAKING TIPS: Vinegar is a great cleaner. And it won't discolor or "eat" your clothing either!  I mix it half-half with Blue Dawn to clean almost everything from stains to the dishes. I've heard it's also great in the last rinse in the washer but I haven't tried it there yet. Alone, not mixed with Dawn LOL

LOOKING AROUND THE HOUSE: I see more de-cluttering to do. I really don't need to have EVERYTHING on display at the same time!

FROM MY CAMERA:


This is Daisy hiding from the vacuum. She thinks if she's under her blanket she's safe! Silly dog!

ON MY PRAYER LIST: My friend Ruby, my children and grandchildren, various friends who are dealing with difficulties in their lives.

BIBLE VERSE, DEVOTIONAL: Psalms 91. There are so many promises in this chapter that it's difficult to choose just one verse, but verses 15,16 are an excellent summation.  In the Amplified Version they read, "He shall call upon Me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble, I will deliver him and honor him.  With long life will I satisfy him and show him My salvation."
 
You all have a great week in the Lord!
 
 
 
                                                       Grammie Shell
 
 
 
 


 

 



 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment